Monday, August 13, 2012

I Hit the "Publish" Button!

Guys, remember how I said that the reason I like blogging is because I get to click on a button that says "publish" without having to go through four or five middlemen to get my writing out there?  Friday night I went to amazon.com, uploaded the book, and clicked on "publish" AND NOW IT'S PUBLISHED!!! 

If you go to amazon.com and search for "The Daily Dylanson Obituaries," it'll pop up. Or click here http://www.amazon.com/The-Daily-Dylanson-Obituaries-ebook/dp/B008W0ZVI6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344856314&sr=1-1&keywords=the+daily+dylanson+obituaries

There is a way to download it if you don't have a Kindle, but I have to play with it to figure out how. Once I do, I'll let you guys know.

All I need to do is design a cover for it that doesn't look cheesy. I am very tempted to quit my day job and just do this full time, but then, I'm always tempted to do that. Speaking of which, I have to go get ready for work. Bleh. But I want to say that I feel relieved and happy. I know that I have to promote this thing myself now, but I don't care. After four years of rewrites and waiting for publishers and agents to tell me it's good enough, I have decided that it's good enough. There have been a few moments over the weekend where I've felt down about being self-published because of the stigma of it in the writing world. But it's changed a lot since I first started out. Then also I remember, "Fifty Shades of Gray, dude, insanely popular self-pulished series."

And um also, remember my last post where I boldly proclaimed that if a publisher approached me and offered me scads of money that I would tell them to walk out the door and then set themselves on fire? Well, I was just feeling snippy. You know how it is, when you're bitter about the publishing industry and all. I wouldn't, um, actually tell them to do that.

But for now my job is to increase awareness of my little book, and keep working on the new one...which I will PUBLISH! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Let's celebrate! Everyone dance in their chairs!

SUPER COOL UPDATE: Six people have bought it! I just made six bucks! WOOOOOHOOO! I've never been so excited about six people before in my life!

No comments: