Friday, April 12, 2013

Update on a Guest Baker and F. Scott Fitzgerald

I really do have an actual post to post (ooo! - see what the word "post" did there? It was a noun and a verb, look at that little guy go), but first I just read a newsworthy update on one of the bakers that recently starred in my post Baked Lunch. Jake Gyllenhaal has just narrated the audiobook version of The Great Gatsby, which you can listen to a sample of here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/jake-gyllenhaal-great-gatsby_n_3055033.html

Since The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books and Jake Gyllenhaal has one of my favorite voices, I think it is essential to my career that I listen to this. Oh, and I think there's a new movie version coming out too with Leonardo DiCaprio and other sexy people who are kind of narrating the book in a way but also gesticulating wildly and running people over with cars. Ah yes, here is it - The Great Gatsby and in case you still doubt me here is photographic evidence:

The Great Gatsby (2013) Poster

And in case you're thinking that that's just a picture of me with the blonde hair and the feathers and the rest of those people are my coworkers then...well, first I'm flattered that you think I look like the Daisy Buchanan, but no really that's Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire and other dappery people. Actually, no, you're right, you're right, that is me, I look just like that woman. That's me with makeup on. Without makeup on, I look like this:



Speaking of which, what HAS Ice Cube been up to? Has he narrated any good books lately? That's what all creative people should do, they need to narrate all of my favorite books - Ice Cube can have Middlemarch by George Eliot and Leonardo DiCaprio can have Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. And Jake Gyllenhaal can narrate every single one of these blog posts as soon as they come out in paperback. It will be a stunning move for his career.

And now for a stunning move in my own career, I'm going to go work on my book which will be narrated by F. Scott Fitzgerald himself....Oh. Ladies and gentleman I've just received word that F. Scott Fitzgerald is dead. That scraps that idea. I wonder if Jay-Z is available.

No comments: